Wednesday, September 14, 2011

When should I replace the timing belt on my 1993 Ford Probe GT?

The car currently has 183,000 miles on it and I'm not sure when to replace the timing belt. I know you're supposed to replace it at about 75,000-90,000 miles so should I replace it again soon?

How do I know if it needs replaced?When should I replace the timing belt on my 1993 Ford Probe GT?Actually, the timing belt interval is 96,000 KM, or 60,000 miles for this car, so you're at the right time for your third belt.



When in doubt, just do it.



If it's the 2.5L it may just leave you stranded somewhere, but if it's the 2.0L engine you may be buying another engine as it's an interference engine and when the belt slips or breaks, the valves and pistons will start hitting each other.When should I replace the timing belt on my 1993 Ford Probe GT?now is a good time to replace it. better now than when it breaks.When should I replace the timing belt on my 1993 Ford Probe GT?If you live in extreme cold or hot areas you use the 75,00 mile time change if in a moderate climate 90,000. And to answer your question yes now is the time to replace that old timing belt. You can not usually see any flaws in the old timming belt untill you have it off and can inspect it for cracks and deterioation, that is unless it is in really bad condition.When should I replace the timing belt on my 1993 Ford Probe GT?The only way to know it needs replacing is if 60K miles passed since you last changed it. Do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment