Monday, September 19, 2011

I have an 02 Sebring with a messed up timing belt, how much should I expect to pay to get it fixed?

Its an 02 Chrysler Sebring LXI edition, I've already had to have my transmission rebuilt, got 114, 000 miles, and now my mechanic is estimating $1500 to replace the timing belt and water pump.I have an 02 Sebring with a messed up timing belt, how much should I expect to pay to get it fixed?Sounds about right. How much did you think it would cost?I have an 02 Sebring with a messed up timing belt, how much should I expect to pay to get it fixed?Where are you having the work done? Most cars it's a $300 to $500 job. You sure it's just the belt and pump? I'd get some other estimates.I have an 02 Sebring with a messed up timing belt, how much should I expect to pay to get it fixed?How do you know it's messed up? If it broke while the engine was running, then the engine is probably trashed. The motor is an interference engine and when the timing belt breaks it usually causes major internal engine damage. But, having said that, unless your mechanic charges $350/hour, he's ripping you off. Hell, my lawyer makes less than that.



The only reason I can think of that the price is so high is because the belt broke and he's taking off the cylinder heads and sending them to the machine shop to repair the broken/bent valves that resulted from the broken belt. You might seek a second opinion just to be safe. Or, if you have more details feel free to contact me for a second opinion.



Incidentally, the labor time for this job is 3.6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment