Friday, September 23, 2011

Can you advise me about my timing belt?

How can I find out (without paying an expensive mechanic) if the second-hand car I just bought has had its timing belt changed? I believe they need to be changed at 50,000 miles.



Am i doing damage to the car?



The car has 56,000 miles on the clock.Can you advise me about my timing belt?First check your owners manual and see when it needs changing,

50.000 seems like you'll be changing it all the time, my honda is every 75.000, and it wont do any damage until it brakes, then you bend valves, if the car only has 56.000 I'd bet it hasn't been changed,

with my honda they have a timing belt kit, comes with the belt and a new water pump and all the gaskets, be sure to check that out for your car,Can you advise me about my timing belt?Might help if you tell us what make and model of car you have...it varies ...
  • cs files
  • ittwit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment