Friday, September 23, 2011

How much it would cost to get a timing belt put in my car?

I already bought the belt for it. I have a 97 Honda Accord.How much it would cost to get a timing belt put in my car?I just had mine done for 375 dollars. Although I didn't already buy the belt, they charged me 24 dollars for the timing belt and I had to also replace the other two belts that were going bad. $15 for one and $13 for the other.How much it would cost to get a timing belt put in my car?You need to replace the water pump when you do the timing belt. And you should probably flush the antifreeze since it will be out anyway. My 99 took me most of a Saturday to do it, so the labor will be kinda high, I assume. I'm guessing the book will call for 4-6 hours. If you are around here, I'll do it. Give me a shout.How much it would cost to get a timing belt put in my car?I had my Civic done for about $450 (NYC price).



But you wasted your money on buying the belt first. Many mechanic will not guarantee their work with somebody else's parts. If the belt were to break, then they would say it was YOUR bad belt.



Return the belt. And then go to a mechanic and let him replace everything and take responsibility for everything.





Good Luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment