Friday, September 23, 2011

How much to replace a timing belt on a 99-Lexus RX300?

I was told it was cracked. I understand that I should go ahead and change out the water pump while doing so. About how much will it cost me about for just the timing belt/ and then with the water pump? (toyota parts only)How much to replace a timing belt on a 99-Lexus RX300?if you don't replace it your going to damage engine and valves that will be costly. i purchased water pump and timing belt at toyota. timing belt was 55 dollars and water pump was 130 for my lexus es. my brother in law replaced them. if you had this done at toyota or local shop with toyota parts the labor and parts will run you between 500-650. i wouldn't go to a lexus dealer their price is always 100-200 dollars more.How much to replace a timing belt on a 99-Lexus RX300?When you say Toyota parts only, you mean you are going to a Toyota/Lexus dealership to get it done, or you're going to get your own parts and then go to a local shop?



Anyway, if you're doing at dealership, the cost at Toyota (if they'll do it) would be cheaper than Lexus. I'd say $100 cheaper. Lexus I know the belt and pump are about $750, part and labor because I had it done.



At a local shop, I would say with none Lexus parts, it should cost $400 all said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment