Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My car makes a squeaky noise when idleing. How much to replace timing belt?

My car, an old Bonneville (90's, I think), is making a squeaky noise when idleing. Some one said that I probably need to replace my timing belt. Any experts out there can tell me how much this will cost me? I barely have enough money and I have to work two jobs just to pay my rent.My car makes a squeaky noise when idleing. How much to replace timing belt?I doubt it's your timing belt. Depending on the engine type, you may not even have a timing belt (the 3.8 liter engines have a timing chain) More likely the serpentine belt (it drives the accessories like the alternator and power steering pump). They're from $20 on up for the part and aren't too hard to put on (you'll need some tools, though). There's even a diagram under the hood to show how it's routed. You can get it diagnosed at most places for free or cheap.



If you're working two jobs to pay your rent, you've got my sympathy. Maybe try subletting or taking on a roommate. My car makes a squeaky noise when idleing. How much to replace timing belt?It's not the timing belt, they don't squeak when they need to be replaced. It's more likely one of a few things. Your serpentine belt, a pulley or your water pump.



My money's on the water pump. I bet the car is leaking a little coolant too. If it is, that's your water pump %26quot;weeping.%26quot; That's what happens when the bearings start to go bad. $250 installed.My car makes a squeaky noise when idleing. How much to replace timing belt?woah!!! no not the timing belt just the fan/serpintene belt you can pick one up for about 10-18 bucks at an auto parts store..there are usually diagrams on the inside of the hood to show you how the belt goes on you can do it your self..My car makes a squeaky noise when idleing. How much to replace timing belt?Its probably just the Fan belt, does it squeal when you rev the engine??



Fan belts are easy to adjust, and require only spanners normallyMy car makes a squeaky noise when idleing. How much to replace timing belt?TIMING BELTS DONT SQUEAK. THEY GENERALLY RATTLE. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A SLIPPING BELT OR A PULLEY THAT NEEDS LUBE.My car makes a squeaky noise when idleing. How much to replace timing belt?Timing belts don't make a squeaking noise. It may be that you have a worn pulley bearing.My car makes a squeaky noise when idleing. How much to replace timing belt?You'd better get a new expert to diagnose your problems next time. Sack %26quot;someone%26quot;.

No comments:

Post a Comment