Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How many hours (Flat Rate, by the book) is it to replace a timing belt on a 96 toyota rav4?

How many hours would a mechanic shop charge for doing my timing belt? If anyone knows the legitimate hours %26quot;by the book%26quot; i'd appriciate it!How many hours (Flat Rate, by the book) is it to replace a timing belt on a 96 toyota rav4?4 hours



for doing : the crank and cam seals; replacing the idler and tensioner; as well as the water pump; and the belt finally, however you should count for some idle time 5% to order the parts and clean the tools, finally road test the car after is done.

I am a mechanic and this is what I charge.good luckHow many hours (Flat Rate, by the book) is it to replace a timing belt on a 96 toyota rav4?I just did this repair on my g/f's 99 Rav 4. In addition to the timing belt, I replaced the water pump, tensioner and idler pulleys, plus both drive belts. I did this repair at home for her for a total cost of $240.00

The price I would charge a customer at the shop would be closer to $850.00 I believe the labor time is 4.5 hours for this repair. Resist the urge to just replace the timing belt, most manufacture's recommend replacing the water pump, tensioner/idler pulleys at same time.

ASE technician 25 years

No comments:

Post a Comment