Monday, October 24, 2011

How many miles does the timing belt or timing chain need to be replaced on a 2002 Nissan Altima 3.5?

Also, about how many miles should I get out of a clutch?How many miles does the timing belt or timing chain need to be replaced on a 2002 Nissan Altima 3.5?nissan altimas both 2.5 and 3.5 models have timing chains. they are guranteed for the life of the car by nissan,this also comes with their 105,000 mile tune up interval



depending on your mileage will also depend on how much longer the chain, the lower your miles the longer the chain will last.



as far as your clutch goes, i dont know. my guess is every 90k to 100k miles if you dont ride it hard.



my 2003 nissan altima hit 67,000 2 days ago, im guessing my timing chain has plenty of life left in it



my parents drive a 1994 mercury villager (identical to nissan quest) that has 240,000 miles and have had no major problems with anything.How many miles does the timing belt or timing chain need to be replaced on a 2002 Nissan Altima 3.5?Nissan does not warranty the timing chain for as long as you own the car. 6 years 60 thousand miles or extended warranty only. Clutches need to be replaced when slipping happens in higher gears. Clutch is a wear item not covered past 12,000 miles. Chains, tension devices and plastic chain guides wear away. Some chains make the whirring tapping noise and rattle at idle on start up that is the indication that the chains need replacing. If the motor has to be removed for chains do a clutch while the motor is out. I do not like replacing chains and guides / motor in the car.How many miles does the timing belt or timing chain need to be replaced on a 2002 Nissan Altima 3.5?I'm at 108,000 on my Maxima and I checked the maintenance manual and the replacement is listed at 105,000 miles but the note states for Frontiers, quest and something else no the Maxima. I don't plan to change it under my ownership but I'm looking to sell. If you have your manual it should be listed under the mileage/interval of trecommendedned change.

No comments:

Post a Comment