Friday, June 3, 2011

How many miles have you put on a timing belt?

My car has 170k miles on the Original belt, but replacing it will cost more than the car is worth, so I am thinking about %26quot;driving it till it blows!%26quot; then just scrapping the car. But thought it would be fun to see who here as put the most miles on a timing belt....I will start at 170,000 on mine.How many miles have you put on a timing belt?207000 miles transmission went out :(How many miles have you put on a timing belt?thing is if i fix the tranny ive got some more time lol but 1700 for a rebuilt tranny isnt im the x-mas budget at this time lol

Report Abuse

How many miles have you put on a timing belt?105,000 miles, then it broke and ruined my engine.How many miles have you put on a timing belt?I have seen them go as high as 200k, and have personally had one break at 43k.How many miles have you put on a timing belt?Depends on the car. Some motors are interference engines, some are non-interference. If you have an interference engine, a blown timing belt will destroy the engine. If you have a non-interference engine, you'll have issues but replacing the timing belt will fix it right away.



Timing belts rarely last more than 100k miles and most are intended to last about 60-80k. If you're going to almost 200k already, you may have a timing chain. These usually last much MUCH longer. Are you sure you have a belt and not a chain?

(My old Saturn SL1 had 190k miles on the odo when I sold it and I think it was still original chain but I think it was a chain. not sure now.)How many miles have you put on a timing belt?Mine has a timing chain, not a belt, and I am at 137,000.How many miles have you put on a timing belt?163,000 Chevy V6 4.3 vortec.How many miles have you put on a timing belt?Dodge colt 1981 Mitsubishi engine 80000 mi. Dodge d 50 pickup 1986 Mitsubishi engine 40000 mi. Now i have a nissan chain, I hear they are good for 250k+.How many miles have you put on a timing belt?change every 90 thousand. shop around.How many miles have you put on a timing belt?My `90 jeep 4.2 liter wore the timing chain teeth off at 156,000, cheapo things were plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment