Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to get rubber timing belt to stretch?

I am working on repairing a small appliance. I had to take out a small rubber timing belt (with teeth) and now I need to put it back in. Problem is, I can't get it to go over all 3 gears it was originally over. Is there anyway I could stretch it? It doesn't seem very pliable.How to get rubber timing belt to stretch?Correct ..they are not supposed to stretch... You can use a temporary lubricant.. Non oily like personal lubrication jelly.. It is water based and will not damage the belt..Soapy water or dish washing liquid can also be used..How to get rubber timing belt to stretch?If it's a timing belt, they're designed not to stretch. Can one of the geared components be loosened to give you a little play?



Maybe you can get some temporary expansion by soaking the belt in hot water.

No comments:

Post a Comment